How we are organised
PERL is made up of partner institutions around the world.
European partners are determined through PERL's funding agreement with the European Commission.
In Asia-Pacific, Latin America and in Africa, Regional PERL Networks have been established to facilitate activities in these regions.
PERL's work is organised into fifthteen work programmes.
PERL organisational structure
PERL’s 15 work programmes are:
Strengthening individuals awareness
1. Bridging the knowledge/action gap
1a. Toolkit for teachers for introducing use and values-based indicators for sustainable living
1b. Training of teachers in use of toolkit
1c. Translation of toolkit into Spanish and/or Portuguese
1d. Testing of toolkit in 2 schools in different parts of Europe
1e. Report on results of pilot tests
2. Stimulating informed choice
2a. Student essay contest
2b. Student video competitions
2c. Student photo contest
2d. Guidelines for use of student essay, photos and videos in teaching
3. Mapping changes in attitudes and behaviour
3a. Identification of research parameters, data collection, analysis.
Learning processess and new skills
4. Curriculum development
4a. Curriculum review in two European countries
4b. National roundtable consultations
4c. Reports about the curriculum development process
5. New skills for sustainable living
a. Workshop for identifying skills needed for future sustainable societies
6. Building capacity in teacher training
6a. Creation of two new active learning tookits
6b. Adaptation and distribution of active learning materials of LOLA and Images and Objects to local conditions in 2 countries
6c. Training a PERL teacher training team
6d. Evaluations of pilot projects and adaptations
7. Encouraging constructive stakeholder involvement
7a. Hold a Youth Roundtable about constructive stakeholder involvement by youth
7b. Supporting use of social responsibility tools through social media
8. Focusing on positive, innovative initiatives
8a. Booklet of best practices of education for responsible living as well as policy and curriculum suggestions
9. Consultants Network
9a. PERL collective workgroup meeting: "The Future We Want"
9b. PERL collective workgroup meeting: "The Future We are Creating"
10. Contributing to the public and scientific discourse
10a. PERL seminar on education about sustainable living and resource efficiency
10b. Learning for Change workshop/future workshops
10c. PERL international conference
10d. Publication Promoting responsible living Vol. II
11. Following-up after the Rio2012 Earth Summit
11a. Participation in European follow-up events related to responsible living
12. Establishing an international centre for education and research about responsible living
12a. Help establish Centre's routines, acquire seed funding, hire staff, spread information and launch
13. Cooperating with relevant projects and partnerships
13a. Consult with relevant projects, organisations and partnerships
14. Administration and monitoring
14a. Updating the PERL website
14b. PERL newsletters
15. Developing education and research about responsible living outside of Europe
15a. Consultation with PERL regional network coordinators
15b. Regional seminars