Welcome on March 10-11, 2015 to the PERL international conference entitled:
A Decade of Responsible Living: Preparing, Engaging, Responding and Learning.
The conference will focus on the future and its challenges using the experience of a decade of dedicated activity by PERL partners.
The goal of the conference is to encourage a new decade of innovative initiatives about responsible living and will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris
The PERL international conference will be retrospective, showing what has been accomplished by the CNN/PERL networks in relation to the development of policies about sustainable lifestyles; the creation of awareness about consumer citizenship, civic involvement and environmental stewardship; the adaptation and implementation of teaching methods and materials; and research, projects and publications about education for responsible living. The conference will also be interactive and illustrative providing insights/case studies/best practices through presentations, exhibitions, world café, round tables, etc. Additionally, the conference will examine ways of contributing to processes leading to a more just and sustainable world for all.
Call for abstracts for papers and posters about the following themes:
- Preparing: values-base for education about sustainable lifestyles; global and national policies, the post-2015 agenda (Sustainable Development Goals); research on SCP.
- Engaging: in the post-DESD agenda, the Global Action Program on ESD; in the 10-YFP; in the process of capacity-building (teachers and educators in non-formal education and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Responding: content development; stakeholder involvement, community consultations, social movements, curriculum reform.
- Learning: non-formal, informal and formal education; active learning; transformative learning, multi-literacy; education about sustainable lifestyles, active learning, values-based learning, rural learning, intergenerational learning, traditional wisdom, community based learning.
- Multidimensional approach: papers in this category will deal with two or more of the above dimensions.
Please note: PERL partners who present papers or posters or are active members of PERL workgroups will be eligible to have their travel, accommodation and conference fees paid by the project. A limited number of scholarships for other PERL partners and limited funding for PERL partners from outside of Europe will also be available. (Kindly contact the PERL Core Unit office about these: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Individuals who are not members of the PERL network are most welcome to the conference as well. They must pay a conference fee of (€400 earlybird) €450 which covers conference materials and meals. Conference dinner is: €70 Non-PERL partners must pay for and arrange their own travel and accommodations. The conference hotel is Ibis Cambronne, Paris, France.