Social Innovation for sustainability
Social innovation is characterised by new strategies, concepts, projects and organisations that meet social needs for sustainable development.
Some examples of platforms researching and showcasing social innovation throughout the world are below:
- See Sustainable Everyday Explorations - a web repository of experiences of new and more sustainable ways of living. The goal of the platform is to give visibility to the creative communities and processes involved, to trigger social conversations and stimulation all over the world. Also see the report 'Framing the enabling kit approach'. And further developing the projects and the enabling kit on this website.
- Also see the DESIS Network - Design for Social Innovation and Sustainability and their Newsletter Zero
- Social Innovation Exchange - the global community for social innovation
- Amplifying Creative Communities - Lower East Side New York.
See five framework analysis case studies below. Also see Guidelines based on the case studies. This material was developed with partial support from UNEP DTIE in Paris and the Swedish Environment Ministry.
- Future of the suburban areas in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France. Presentation and introduction and design role articles.
All projects can be seen here presented in a matrix with more information.
Also see the DESIS Forum held in Paris 21 May 2011.